Today I worked on a large commission painting for several hours. When I thought I was done with the piece I was working on, I realized it was not quite right.
The image is the unfinished painting and I was working on the eucalyptus leaves (blue). They ended up far too dark and overpowered the flowers. The foliage was meant to be a supporting part for the main floral focal points.
The values and colours were just plain wrong. So there was only one thing I could do and that was to wipe it off and to begin over.
I mean, an Aussie should be able to paint eucalyptus! Back to the easel tomorrow. I've got to deliver this to Nebraska at the end of June, so I need to get a wriggle on!
~ C :)